Welcome to the Website of the Information Office of the Shanghai Municipality.
As one of the departments of Shanghai Municipal Government, the office is dedicated to showcase the glamor of the Oriental metropolis of Shanghai to the world.
We will spare no effort to provide authoritative, convenient and efficient government news to the public and media at home and abroad via this official interactive platform.
The Website offers information about government affairs, news from the office, online and archived broadcasts of municipal press conferences, information about cultural exchanges with foreign countries and government services.
For media the Website offers online registration, and information and pointers for interviews in Shanghai.
We appreciate your visit and take your advice and comments seriously.
Director of the Information Office of Shanghai Municipality
The Information Office of Shanghai Municipality, established in June 1991, is jointly administrated by the Shanghai CPC Committee and the Shanghai Municipal Government for international communication. The office aims to showcase Shanghai in an objective and accurate way by offering a range of services to media from home and abroad.
1. Introducing the economic and social development of Shanghai.
2. Instructing and coordinating news reports on major policies, events and conferences.
3. Offering guidance for news coverage.
4. Distributing news announcements from major government bodies, organizations, institutions and bureaus in districts or counties.
5. Arranging municipal press conferences.
6. Providing assistance for overseas reporters and reporters from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
7. Organizing overseas promotions events to feature Shanghai.
8. Supervise the creation and publishing of books, audio-visual material, film and television programs on Shanghai.
9. Supervising internet news coverage.
10. Researching and responding to stories and items about Shanghai from major international media and media from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.